NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Return 3-6Nag for refund?

After saving the pennies I took delivery today of a 3-6Nagler zoom from a reputable UK supplier.

As I usually do with all new photo/astro purchases that involve expensive glass I checked the optical surfaces and was surprised to find quite a few blemishes (scratches?) on what I expected to be a pristine surface.

I am now of the opinion that I should return the eyepiece for a replacement or refund. Could you take a look at the attached pic and tell me what you think please? I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking for this to be replaced... am I?

Ta

Col

post-14303-133877346517_thumb.jpg

Hi Col

I would return it ASAP mate.

Depending on the dealer you should have a no quibble exchange for the "good quality" version that you paid for. (if you get any static demand a refund right away)

It's just MHO here but i would think that your dealer has sent you a used eyepiece. (new eyepieces don't get into that state by themselves)

BTW remember and make sure that YOU don't get stung for the return "insured" carrage costs.

That one has been used I'm afraid, those marks look like the ones that are caused by eyelashes brushing against the eye element - it's got to go back with a fairly strongly worded complaint I would have thought.

I've recently received a new Nagler from a leading supplier in the UK and it was pristine, just as it should be.

Sorry that you've had this dissapointment - here's hoping for a speedy, happy resolution for you :D

John

I've seen this before with a TV eyepeice where it came inside a little bubble wrap pouch which actually made contact with the glass and left a nice set of sleek marks on the surface.

You should return it of course, but have a chat withthe dealer first as I know TH will often arrange a collection rather than you having to post it, though I'm not sure about anything else though. I wouldn't worry about the strong complaint letter though, as the likelyhood of it being a secondhand or used ep is pactically zero, and not many dealers would knowingly send out a blemished item as it just causes them hasstle, and strangely enough on the occasions that we have checked things out at work priorto shipping, customers have often complained that the item has been opened.

Good luck with the return, I can't imagine any issues with it.

ATB

Steve

Archived