My 1st attempt at the MilkyWay (Cygnus area)

Hi all, another image of the Cygnus area but as it's my 1st real attempt at astrophotography, I thought I would share it as I feel it's a special moment for my Dad and myself. 

I plan to revisit it to smoothen things for a softer look, but am not sure how to do that yet.

Taken on the outskirts of the Brecon Beacons South Wales. I used a Cannon 600D unmodded, 18-135mm cannon lens @18mm, Star Adventurer on a Horizon mount. 

18×120sec lights, ×7 darks, iso 800, stacked in DSS and finished in PS including GradientXterminator.

Thanks

Ryan

MilkWay-Usk-Res-PS'd-JPG.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ryan_86 said:

Hi all, another image of the Cygnus area but as it's my 1st real attempt at astrophitgrapgy I though I would share it as I feel it's a special moment for my Dad and myself. 

I plan to revisit it to smoother things for a softer look but am not sure how to do that yet.

Taken on the outskirts of the Brecon Beacons South Wales. I used a Cannon 600D unmodded, 18-135mm cannon lens @18mm, Star Adventurer on a Horizon mount. 

18×120sec lights, ×7 farms, stacked in DSS and finished in PS & GradientXterminator. This is GradientXterminator.

Thanks

Ryan

MilkWay-Usk-Res-PS'd-JPG.jpg

Whatever you done, you done it right!  Smashing image, well done!

very nice Ryan. If you use local adjustments in Ps and use contrast. Invert the mask and set a nice big feather about 180 and boost the contrast up and then brush over the dust lanes with the paint brush tool those dark dust lanes will really pop.

An excellent image for your first attempt looking forward to the second.

Archived