NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Eagle nebula

N3ptune

Wow I am very lucky these days, the sky is beautiful often! I had the chance to go out again tonight for another very good observation, close to my home about 10 kms away. I did this sketch of the eagle at the end of my observation, I am proud of this observation too.  The sketch was done with 203x1000 Newtonian , 25mm eyepiece and narrow passband filter. The object was about 15d from the ground. A few stars were visible from the cluster and some nebulosity.

So I tried to copy the shades of the nebula with the help of averted vision too.

JHQ3toK.jpg?1

For the beginning of the observation the plan was to start up Aquila and go down to visit the clusters, this is the map of my trip in space.:icon_jokercolor:

b5wiO3t.png?1

The most interesting object was the wild duck of course, very impressive has usually, great definition, and I could locate NGC 6751 a small and faint planetary nebula. I did locate the object at 40x (a luck) and then used 80x and 212x on it. The best power to enjoy it was 212x with the Narrow passband filter (visible without the filter too). A very small and very faint ball of light.

This was the highest point of this observation, the discovery of the mini nebula.

:hello2: 

Goodbye now, I am going to sleep tight. I Hope this report will generate new motivation. 

Great targets there! I normally start at the other end as these targets set earlier, and work back up the Milk Way.

The Wild Duck is very beautiful, took me a long time to work out the association with its name but I got there in the end :) 

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Great targets there! I normally start at the other end as these targets set earlier, and work back up the Milk Way.

The Wild Duck is very beautiful, took me a long time to work out the association with its name but I got there in the end :) 

I tried to do the association with the name last night too! I can see what appears to be a duck head inside the cluster, but it's probably my imagination. I looked that up this morning and that's not what I am supposed to see... 

This is a recreation done from memory only, there were 3 major stars forming the beak and smaller stars forming a head and an eye.

it's there...

1DGeQfl.jpg?1

Archived