Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 (Bubble nebula) and M52

Last night I decided to switch the guiding from OAG to the 9x50 finder-guider. I think that my decision paid off as APT didn't drop any of the 15 min exposures I took in quite poor visibility.

Here's my result. 11x15min, 30 flats, 30 bias.

There are a few issues with it but I'm quite pleased considering that I was even thinking of packing up when I've seen the sky quality.

I hope you like it.

LRM_EXPORT_20170827_002401.thumb.jpg.355a0dd098a70804d377ed092308b14b.jpg

Emil

38 minutes ago, TareqPhoto said:

Nice result indeed!

So which guide scope it is, APT? Which camera did you use for guiding? And how did you connect it to the guiding scope?

Thanks for your post, sounds I will pass OAG idea then.

It's the 9x50 finderscope that came with the scope. I bought a parfocal adapter for 9x50 finderscopes http://www.365astronomy.com/Parfocal-Adapter-between-MGEN-Autoguider-and-9x50-Finderscope.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw24nNBRChARIsALldLD2PJX7eqvtHFhNA-8laXMZvGa_EV5QVunBrwgrO0POxO7ngDponkhMaAmigEALw_wcB that allows me to connect the guiding camera to the finderscope. APT stands for Astrophotography tools, the software I use for capturing, dithering and a few more things. I have set the canceling distance to 2 pixels. The autoguider I use is the Lacerta mgen standalone autoguider.

I'm not saying the OAG isn't good but it looks like the 9x50 finder-guider works better for me.

Emil

8 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

It's the 9x50 finderscope that came with the scope. I bought a parfocal adapter for 9x50 finderscopes http://www.365astronomy.com/Parfocal-Adapter-between-MGEN-Autoguider-and-9x50-Finderscope.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw24nNBRChARIsALldLD2PJX7eqvtHFhNA-8laXMZvGa_EV5QVunBrwgrO0POxO7ngDponkhMaAmigEALw_wcB that allows me to connect the guiding camera to the finderscope. APT stands for Astrophotography tools, the software I use for capturing, dithering and a few more things. I have set the canceling distance to 2 pixels. The autoguider I use is the Lacerta mgen standalone autoguider.

I'm not saying the OAG isn't good but it looks like the 9x50 finder-guider works better for me.

Emil

Cool, thanks Emil,

Well, i didn't mention OAG being bad, but i was thinking that guiding scope will be a better idea for me than OAG now, i can try OAG later, so i won't think about OAG just yet.

I will but a guide scope just soon with the filter, i am not sure if it will be a good one, i asked in another forum about which 8x50 or 9x50 finder scope i can get to connect my ASI camera with, didn't get any answer yet :-(

11 minutes ago, TareqPhoto said:

Cool, thanks Emil,

Well, i didn't mention OAG being bad, but i was thinking that guiding scope will be a better idea for me than OAG now, i can try OAG later, so i won't think about OAG just yet.

I will but a guide scope just soon with the filter, i am not sure if it will be a good one, i asked in another forum about which 8x50 or 9x50 finder scope i can get to connect my ASI camera with, didn't get any answer yet :-(

If you look at yhe link the parfocal adapter seems to be good for asi120 and 130.

8 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

If you look at yhe link the parfocal adapter seems to be good for asi120 and 130.

But with which finder scope i can use it with? i have ST80 and it came with their 6x30 one, is it possible with this one?

1 hour ago, TareqPhoto said:

But with which finder scope i can use it with? i have ST80 and it came with their 6x30 one, is it possible with this one?

I don't think you can. The adapter in the link only works with a skywatcher 9x50 or takahashi 7x50 finderscopes. I got mine from https://teleskop-austria.at/ParFoc50_MGEN-Parfokal-Adapter-fur-Takahashi-7x50-und-Skywatcher#m as it was on sale for €15.

4 hours ago, emyliano2000 said:

I don't think you can. The adapter in the link only works with a skywatcher 9x50 or takahashi 7x50 finderscopes. I got mine from https://teleskop-austria.at/ParFoc50_MGEN-Parfokal-Adapter-fur-Takahashi-7x50-und-Skywatcher#m as it was on sale for €15.

Oh i see, as i expected.

Well, in another forum i posted about this guide scope if it good to be used or not, i am sure it is good but is it highly recommended or if i can find another option same or less price, but unfortunately i didn't get any answer from them, they only got busy to answer my cameras connection problem and ignoring my guiding scope search.

https://www.optcorp.com/zwo-60mm-f-4-6-guidescope-w-helical-focuser-60280.html

Archived