NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher AZGTi with SkySafari - 2 phones needed!

Hello Kerry, if you are in emulator mode on the app this can be switched off by opening the app, going into settings, scroll down until you see help. Then tap the blank area above help 10 times and scroll down again. press Connect settings, then click UDP.

Hopefully this should fix the problem getting the ipad to connect with synscan :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it will help with skysafari. I found the key to making skysafari work on my ipad was to make sure the iphone stays active and turn off auto lock. That and making sure the IP and port settings were correct

The Ipad now connects to the mount - thanks. But still no joy with SS. I've turned off auto lock as you suggested. There seem to be a number of IP addresses floating around and I've tried them all but which specific one did you use? Does the synscan app need to be switched of the iPad - ie the device trying to run SS? 

Hiya, yes the synscan app needs to be closed on the ipad (swipe it closed). Also you need to be connected to the synscan wifi network on your ipad (which i presume you are).

To find what IP address to use in skysafari go into your iphone settings, then press wifi, then press the (i) button next to the connected synscan wifi - use this number

Thanks for help but I'm still getting no connection with SS. The error message says 'SS6 can make a wireless connection to the scope but the scope is not responding'

When you set up the Synscan app did you stick with Access Point Mode and not Station Mode.

About time to give up for today methinks :icon_biggrin:

That error is a new one for me - When I set up the wifi app/dongle I did not change any settings. I'm not home now but I'd guess it was on the default mode setting.

I also use in AZ mode, and not had a problem like you describe.

Yes might be worth trying again a break :) Maybe a complete restart of mount, ipad and iphone and starting all over again could help

Success! After a good deal of trial and error it works! I tried various combinations of actions and what seems to be the key is disconnecting the mount from the phone and then reconnecting with Sky Safari open on the iPad. But I will have to try a few more times to be sure - then need to test it outdoors with a clear sky :icon_biggrin:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all Im interested in this mount too. A couple of questions:

would a cheap android tablet do all that is needed therefore not needing both a phone and i-pad?

Could a cheap laptop be connected to the mounts ethernet port to do everything, thereby saving power as no wifi needed?

Im asking because my i-pad is on its last legs and my i-phone is a bit old and has no memory.

Lastly with a SW 127 MAK how much payload remains for dew protection etc?

thanks

Archived