Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kid in a candy store

For some reason ,ahem!!!, I was up early this morning but it was not till about 10 am that not one but two delivery vans pulled up outside my house each dropping off three boxes of various sizes. I did not know which way to turn but once I had composed myself I checked everything and began to put together the mount for the Flextube 300.After about one hour and two or three phone calls to a very patient Steve at FLO it was done. I put the ota in place and while it is a large scope it is perfectly transportable for one person if you take the ota and the mount in and out seperately as MikeP suggested.

The Equinox 120 is also large but suprisingly light and very manageable and well put together .

I spent the rest of today touching,looking and reading manuals on all my other goodies.I am still waiting on the Pentax eyepiece and the WO tripod and Steve says they will be with me shortly.

There is something strangely reassuring about knowing that when the skies clear I can just grab either scope from out my garage and be viewing in 10 minutes with the minimum of fuss and bother, something I never experienced with my LX which is why I sold it.

Thanks to all of you who helped me make my decision, which, sitting here looking at both my scopes I feel is the right one.

Look forward to my first clear night.

Vlebo

Archived