Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help - Registax RGB align issue

Help! Registax has got borked!

The RGB align dialogue won't open properly, it just opens minimised (see below) and no amount of mousepkeren will get it to open up. I have tried deleting the ini file, editing it and the only thing that cures the problem is a full reinstall.

Unfortunately after three full reinstalls, each time it reappears and works, but the problem is still there when I open Regi for a second time.

My understanding is that Registax is now a legacy program, with no support forum or development?

Does anyone here know a cure?

temp.jpg.14ab995d08b5c501f14467ca666f12b6.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

My install of Registax has the same problem on laptop, the RGB box will not show ... those crooked scum bags ... I had to uninstall the program & then reinstall it, with my physical disc, under a new renamed directory. My version came directly from Orion Telescopes, on disc; so, it contains all of the needed files. It's not, like I have a file missing. It's a freebie, not a professional stacking app. It's a half illiterate program. 

Half the time, you have your fingers crossed, that the app either doesn't foul up or that it can do it. "Priceless Junk." Laptop 8 GB DDR3. I will say this, on a desktop, with 12, 16 or 32 GB of memory, it's super fast, like 30 seconds for everything fast.    

I found, that Deep Sky Stacker (DSS) has been performing better for stacking pictures. That thing aligns slight movements & slight rotations, in all cases, that "Registax can't do it." Registax has better final basic editing features but not, as a stacker. "For pics, I have been getting 100% results from DSS."   

Edited by Science562h

14 hours ago, Science562h said:

My install of Registax has the same problem on laptop, the RGB box will not show ... those crooked scum bags ... I had to uninstall the program & then reinstall it, with my physical disc, under a new renamed directory. My version came directly from Orion Telescopes, on disc; so, it contains all of the needed files. It's not, like I have a file missing. It's a freebie, not a professional stacking app. It's a half illiterate program. 

Half the time, you have your fingers crossed, that the app either doesn't foul up or that it can do it. "Priceless Junk." Laptop 8 GB DDR3. I will say this, on a desktop, with 12, 16 or 32 GB of memory, it's super fast, like 30 seconds for everything fast.    

I found, that Deep Sky Stacker (DSS) has been performing better for stacking pictures. That thing aligns slight movements & slight rotations, in all cases, that "Registax can't do it." Registax has better final basic editing features but not, as a stacker. "For pics, I have been getting 100% results from DSS."   

DSS and Registax are designed to stack completely different things. DSS is for DSOs and aligns uses stars so can’t align planetary images and the opposite is true for Registax as it aligns planetary so you can’t compare the two.