Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lakeside focuser need to rewire for Sharpsky controller

Just wondering if anyone has rewired the lakeside motor to work with a Sharpsky focus controller.

I was thinking of selling the lakeside and ordering another Sharpsky motor but before I go down that route I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks Ian

Before David Trewren produced his excellent SharpSky Pro system, he developed a homebrew version - you may find enlightenment here. However, his motor is so good, (I have three of them on different telescopes), I'd be more tempted to buy a new one!

Firstly make sure they are the same type of stepper motor, as you can get unipolar and bipolar which require different outputs...if it a standard robofocus Pin out which is the standard, such as moonlite, robofocus, Hiteastro, Pegasus, they all use the same pinout... :)

@Steppenwolf. Thanks for the reply I thought I'd managed to read most of David's early comments and info on the Sharpsky but I missed the PDF discribing the pinouts for the 9 pin D. I think I've found the schematics for the lakeside motor but what I've found  testing the resistance on the wirring doesn't  match up to the motor pin outs on the Sharpsky im 99.9 % certain that it's not  a simple case of plugging the 9 pin serial cable in and it will work.

Because of the quality  I'm more inclined to agree with you and I'm heavily leaning towards buying another motor from David.

@ Lightbucket Thanks I'm going to have to open up the Sharpsky motor case. and see if I can get a model number and try and find the schematics.I was just being lazy hoping that someone had done all the leg work

Archived