Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Holy Schamoly! Can it really be?

Tim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'm staying up :clouds2: I've just had a quick review of my images, looks ok for quite a few keepers :) :) At least its easy to tell when the cloud hit, the images are bright orange.

I stayed up and was rewarded with an extra hour so far, I think I'm going to call it a night (morning even) in about 1/2 an hour, couldn't get at the 7sisters as they were just too far back behind the house by the time the cloud had cleared. Going to try and get a quick shot of the owl cluster widefield and M13 although its a bit low, before I pack up. Roll on tomorrow night now :p

Whew! Just managed to get the stuff packed away and its started raining (for a change).

I've had probably 4.5 hours of clear sky, so not too bad, dunno what the pics are like yet though.

Stupid Vista laptop shut itself down halfway through one run, to do an update, GRRR.

The Canon is just doing its darks run now, and i'm off to bed. Glad I haven't got work tomorrow (today) as I'd have to be there in 3 hours........

g'night!

TJ

The cloud came over again, before I had the chance to get a quicky of ngc0457 and M13 was long gone over the horizon (I'm a noob still). I packed up nice and quick, after filling the card up once I emptied it and had a quick sort through, got a reasonable stack of about 28 from the first 40 or so images of the session. got another 81 images to rummage through tomorrow if I get the same amount from that lot I'll be very happy :clouds2: I think I got about 2.5hrs of clear skies what with the 1/2 time 1 hour cloud break.

My kit is untethered from the PC at the moment, another couple of decent clear nights and I should be guiding with luck then I guess I'll have the joys of PCs to worry about along with everything else :)

night...

LOL! I'm just about to have a look at the stacked pics from last night. I also ran a whole new load of flats and darks for my new focusser, so have to sort out as well.

I have also just dismantled the setup, and may leave it down now, until Kelling. If I do that you can almost guarantee clear nights......

heh, just seen the size of this M31 stack.......... 341MB! That's gonna take some time....

TJ

From the first card fill last night I pulled 28 images, today I've added a futher 66 that didn't get nailed by clouds from the 2nd fill of the 2GB card, its going to be a while I reckon, I've still got to sort through those 66 and cull a few but I reckon I'm on for a pretty large stack today :) I got darks last night and I have some bias frames too, haven't bothered with lights yet. Looks like it should be about 1GB of real data.

I've checked the stack and I've got 87 keepers, DSS is going to use 6.6GB to sort them all out, it's going to be a while I reckon :clouds2:

I never know whether to trust the DSS figures or not.

I usually get a message saying 'DSS is going to need xxxGb on Drive C: and you have yyyGb available, proceed?' or something like that.

Earlier it told me it needed 125Gb to complete the stack, there's no way it found it on this laptop, but it managed the stack quite happily.

Odd

Archived