Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Adventurer Advanced Firmware

Shelster1973

8 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Downloaded it a while ago but haven't tried installing it, still working on the " if it ain't broke " principal :grin:

Dave

You should give it a go.  You can always flash back to the original if you dont like it.

Mine worked a charm last night...when I got over the user error.  1st off I did not put the switch to N after adjusting the exposure time.....2nd was I had it in astro timelapse, where it takes and exposure while tracking, then moves back to its original position before starting the next exposure.  Put it into tracking mode and all was great....apart from my focusing which was way off.  Was using a nifty fifty on my D7100.  Am going to have to get out a wee bit earlier and focus up on a very distant object as opposed to trusing the markings on the lens.

Overall, am very happy with this little mount.  Fits great in my camera back pack (even with the counter weight in there) and is a breeze tro set up.  Powered from a USB battery booster too, which makes it completely portable.

Now just need some really clear nights.......

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Could you tell me what shutter release cable you are using? I bought one from B&H in the USA and the packet says for the D90/D5000 but had read online that it also works for the D7200. It does not !!! It just fires the camera continuously :-( Really looking to get this resolved as want to use the advanced timelapse functions which will require the unit to control the camera release.

Thanks

Paul

At the moment, I am not using any cable to fire my camera as I have an issue with the snap port.  I get very intermittent fires with mine.  Sometimes it works, others it wont and sounds a bit like yours, it will just fire off a rapid amount of shots.

The cable that I have is this one in the AP-R3N(N3) flavour.

I have had the mount apart and tried to replace the snap port, but it is on a very small board mounted connector and also heard from @FLOthat Sky Watcher don't spare that particular part.

My only option left now is to use an external intervalometer, which I was loath to do, but am guessing that I have to now.

One last option would be for me to connect the shutter release cable that I have to the wires that are left on the snap port, but would mean cutting the cable