NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M16 and NGC 6604 with Star 71 and DSLR

StargeezerTim

I don't seem to be getting any decent opportunities for good exposure times because of the clouds...

Anyway, here is 7 X 5 mins, iso 800, uhc filter, DSS and PS. I'm always saying I'll return and add to these short runs, but in this case, the window of opportunity for M16 from my garden is very limited and, given the weather, that might be all I can get this year.

I quite like the image though and there is some nice detail on M16 if you zoom in. The Star 71 seems great, its only my third use of it but all is good!

597b48f4039d9_M16003final.thumb.png.5efcb11710c3cd64b228c6ce54c3156a.png

i split the channels in photoshop into RGB, i have a plugin from topaz labs called detail 2 you can get the demo free for 30 days i opened each channel in it the blue got the soft looking filter at the left hand side the green channel got the feature enhancement filter and the red got the creative detail accent filter when each are saved then i recombined them with Anie's astro actions in photoshop and that's it.

Archived