Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Really no specific answer. It will depend on how well it is polar aligned and the weight that it is carrying as well as the focal length of the instrument.

I would suggest that with good polar alignment and nothing too heavy you should get 40-60 seconds, what is in effect an unguided duration on an equitorial mount. But even then rough polar alignment will reduce it while doing it accurately will extend it.

If just camera and DSLR then the focal length comes into it as well, as would the focal length of a smal lscope.

16 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Isn't the load carrying of the mini much reduced?

I'd be wanting to check the details of the two and compare capability to make sure I knew what the differences were and what that might mean in real terms.

The mini has a 3kg capacity, 4kg with counterweight.  The regular version is 5kg, probably more, but unspecified, with a counterweight.  For the $30 difference, I'd go with the regular.

Archived