Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what we all looking at this summer?

popeye85

well slowly but surely the nights are getting longer and with a bit of luck I should be dusting of the dob and venturing back out having my first look at the night sky in summer ( summer!! HA  HA!!)- I'm pretty keen to get a glimpse of the ice Giants but anyone else got any 'must see' summer targets?

This is my first summer, haven't bagged anything from the "summer" section of Turn Left at Orion yet but heading out tonight hopefully for M13 and M92. Fingers crossed! The big one for me is M51, six attempts and counting so far but no joy, I'm still convinced it doesn't exist!

With the light nights I tend to just opt for a few "easy" ones. Some double stars and oddly the red stars that disappear at the end of what we refer to as summer, r only just appear for a short time around now.

Quite a few DSO's may appear but can be difficult to manage owing to altitude of them and the light nights and the glorious British weather.

Archived