Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ADM saddle & puck for EQ6 Pro

SteveA

I've finally got around to considering upgrading the saddle on my now slightly ageing EQ6 Pro which is more than 10 years old now.

I have a issue as having looked at the package available from FLO it does appear that the "old" style puck is not available. I have had an email conversation with James at FLO who says that I should be okay with the new style puck on my old style mount. Now...I'm fairly sure James knows what he's talking about but I just wondered if anyone out there could confirm this (other wise I'll worry about it !) Is the new style puck going to be compatible with my EQ6.

Steve

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Is the new style puck going to be compatible with my EQ6.

Here's my new saddle on my old mount. It fits fine. There's a conical section which does not fit the bore for the old version but hey, it works fine with my 10kg+ ap setup. HTH.

**BTW, do you need the ADM version? The SW is €25 and works well.

IMG_20170722_182433.jpg

That is very interesting and confirms what FLO said to me regarding the ADM puck. Interesting to see however that although it "fits" it doesn't appear to engage completely. Do you feel that the grub screws hold this really securely ? The original puck has a rebated channel which would stop the puck from slipping out of the mount head if the grub screws were less than tight. I wonder if the new style puck is also as secure in this respect?

Steve

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

grub screws hold this really securely

Hi. The grub screws pull the cone section of the puck against the bore of the Dec axis when tightened. I'm able to do 300s light frames with a DSLR using reflectors up to 1200mm focus. I find that the ability to use wider dovetails helps a lot. HTH.

Archived