NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TeleVue Price Increase

32 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Doesnt brexit involve leaving Europe and having more trade with the US..as in doller to the pound..rather than the Euro??

Brexit upheaval means the pound is messed up even to the dollar.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Not a scientific test but I find the 6-3mm Nagler zoom looks very dim compared with say a 7mm Delite when held just to the eye. Mine is going nowhere though for the time being at least.

I agree, this is what surprised me.  The amount of light loss as you ramp it up is very odd, but it is still staying in my kit.  

1 minute ago, jabeoo1 said:

Whatever it is about Televue, these days they are able to effortlessly generate lots of chitter, chatter, banter & murmurs.  I wish I had a company that could ignite the level of enthusiasm within its target audience just by a distributor adjusting a price point !  Maybe the 3-6 Zoom has a place here in the UK to maximise the current seeing conditions? (Which as we know can be abysmal).  The cost of a ~3mm, ~4mm, ~5mm & ~6mm is going to be an outlay of at least £200 whatever way you go. The cost of filling the 0.5mm gaps (also at £50 a pop) makes for a £400 set.  I am not saying its worth £400, but its a great solution to getting high magnification done as a single unit, leaving only 2 more fixed Ep's to cover the other posts.  I personally love it for this reason, as for the price again, it is a little eye-watering.  I wish I had bought one 5 years ago, or grabbed that one off ebay I missed by a whisker at ~£200.  

Have to agree on all your points jabeoo1.

40 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

I agree, this is what surprised me.  The amount of light loss as you ramp it up is very odd, but it is still staying in my kit.  

I thing it's noticable precisely because you can just ramp it up and down like that. At the 3.5mm setting my Nagler 2-4 zoom field looks the same tone / brightness as the field in my Pentax XW 3.5.

The zoom held it's own last night when trying to see how faint I could go on the stars around M57. The zoom showed mag 14.7 stars just about as well as the XW and a 4mm HD ortho did.

The Nagler zooms are not perfect but they are pretty remarkable for very short FL zooms IMHO.

I have to say that I would not pay £400+ for one though. I think I paid around £150 (used) for my 2-4mm, which seems a good deal considering how much it gets used :icon_biggrin:

Archived