Do you not need a RASA adapter on the telescope side? #2459126

Here's my UFC system for the Hyperstar:

• Hyperstar telescope-side adapter
  • 15-20mm Varilock
  • 5mm Extender
  • UFC Base with filter drawer
  • T2 camera-side adapter

UFC_system_for_Hyperstar.JPG.0d1a28af8b2fdff0c26e2bf9ecfcac43.JPG

The RASA adapter is not available at the moment according the Baader site, but if it is available, my preference would be to get it, in that way you have the complete system. If you do, you will need the 15mm extension as well.

There are filter sliders for 1,25" filters too, but the change of vignetting with that very steep lightcone of the RASA is immanent.
I assume you want to get the best out of your system and it is a bit tricky to get everything right, so I would not take a chance with 1,25 filters

26 minutes ago, Waldemar said:

I think you got it quite complete :-) (including the above)

The only thing i see is missing is a dewcap for the RASA: http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7784_Astrozap-starre-Taukappe-fuer-Celestron-EHD-1100--Hyperstar-und-RASA-11-.html  and maybe a regulator for your dewstraps

Isn't the controller what I need to make the dew straps work?

After some back and forth I'm happy to say I placed a massive order on this setup yesterday. Should trickle in over the next few weeks. The camera has to be shipped from China, so that's the longest item to wait for. 

I'll keep this thread updated so anyone else contemplating a rasa can see how it goes. 

Thanks again, Waldemar. 

Congratulations, Datalord.

After a rather steep learning curve, you are in for a treat with the RASA :headbang:
I hope everything will arrive a.s.a.p., so you can get going. Darker hours are on their way...
You may be surprised how fast sending from China goes.
Anyway, have FUN!!

And if you think I could help in anyway, don't hesitate to ask or send a pm.

On 22-7-2017 at 21:33, AKB said:

No, I don't think that's right.  The telescope-side adapters (various lengths) of the UFC goes up to 65mm diameter, and there are 4 Varilock S70 lengths available.  That's what this seems to say, anyway...

http://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/baader-ufc-(universal-filter-changer).html

Hi AKB, just want to let you know, I just got the BAADER UFC system. The quality is just incredible and it looks beautiful!
It is far better then the filterdrawer system I bought from Teleskop Expres. I really want to thank you for the link to this system, I was not aware of it.
Being the perfectionistic nerd that I am, this quality system is right up my alley.  Thanks again ! :thumbsup: Have a nice glass of wine on me! 

7 hours ago, Waldemar said:

Hi AKB, just want to let you know, I just got the BAADER UFC system. The quality is just incredible and it looks beautiful!

Hey, glad to hear it's up to your expectations.  It is, indeed, a fine piece of kit.  Enjoy!

11 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

I say go Black and white and be ready for both RGB and NB... If you're spending that sort of money, might as well be ready for everything. 

That ship sailed. In going for the high resolution qhy, where I'll try to do Ha on top. If it doesn't work out, I'll figure out something else. If it does, I'll be a happy camper. 

11 hours ago, Datalord said:

That ship sailed. In going for the high resolution qhy, where I'll try to do Ha on top. If it doesn't work out, I'll figure out something else. If it does, I'll be a happy camper. 

It will work out, with a little bit of smart use 

15 hours ago, Datalord said:

Of course..., look, I'm using a full spectrum modded Canon 40D for my narrowband imaging and I'm getting results that I'm happy with... when you use a cooled QHY you will be quite pleased with what you'll achieve.

On 8/4/2017 at 18:12, Datalord said:

First part of my shipment arrives Monday. Very excited... 

Well, first part did arrive. When you read about it and see pictures your brain registers that this thing is big, but until you actually have it in your hands you can't comprehend it. It's YUGE!

5988a8b51a142_2017-08-0718_17_50.thumb.jpg.f9ee9955100832f1aafd342d84104b89.jpg

Now, I did ask to get the shipment in a few separate deliveries, because some of the items had to come from China. Today the RASA with the CGX arrived, but one of the bits missing was the power supply. Which leads me to a rant. I mean, seriously, if you buy a £2000 mount, would it not be reasonable to include an AC adapter in the box? That really seems silly to me. In other words, I can't even power it up and play with the mount software and focus. Positive note, I did test the connectors to my 6D.

Another positive note is the sturdiness of this package. Everything is so solid, it seems like it will last a thousand years.

I swear this hobby was designed by people who want me to feel stupid.

I've just scoured the interwebs for a plate I can clamp on top of the RASA, on the orange dove tail bar, and then subsequently clamp my WO on it, which has the smaller dovetail (vixen?). Any idea what that thing would be called?

If your WO has two rings with mounting holes, you might go for the Baader rider clamps: http://www.astroshop.eu/mounting-plates-and-rails/baader-3-60mm-rider-clamp/p,10157 or mount one of these on top of the dovetail: https://www.astromarket.org/monteringen-en-toebehoren-5/dovetail---clamps-5/clamps-5/vixen-style-clamps-5/dovetail-clamp-gp-eq---150mm727231-5. In this case you have to dril holes and thread them in the orange dovetail on top of the RASA.

Or:  by a Vixen style as well as a losmandy style dovetail saddle clamp and bolt them together with the bottomsides, which means you can leave the original orange dovetail in peace.

And still another option: https://www.f1telescopes.co.uk/shop/geoptik-dovetails/geoptik-losmandy-dovetail-clamp/  screw these to your Vixen dovetail or tube rings.

As you can see many ways lead to Rome.

46 minutes ago, AKB said:

I did not expect that to cost £155, but I see that is pretty standard. But it is 10-15 days of delivery time, which is nuts.

6 hours ago, Waldemar said:

If your WO has two rings with mounting holes, you might go for the Baader rider clamps: http://www.astroshop.eu/mounting-plates-and-rails/baader-3-60mm-rider-clamp/p,10157 

I ordered two of those. Thanks!

Archived