Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M8 imaging time

Hi all

As soon as the moon is gone I would like to top up my image of M8 I've only a hour of exposures of 240 sec subs. My questions are without a filter what are the usual sub times as it seems quite low in the sky and there seems to be a bit of problem doing too long exposures. What's enough to get the detail roughly or what has worked for other people. 

Many thanks

Gerry

Hi. Here at 38ºN, I found the main enemy for my first effort was turbulence; the heat absorbed by the land dissipating. This was my second attempt, having learned to wait until the land had had time to cool. Unfortunately, it's now getting low; I had to wait until well after the meridian for guiding to stabilise. I hope that YMMV and good luck. HTH and clear skies.

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Hi. Here at 38ºN, I found the main enemy for my first effort was turbulence; the heat absorbed by the land dissipating. This was my second attempt, having learned to wait until the land had had time to cool. Unfortunately, it's now getting low; I had to wait until well after the meridian for guiding to stabilise. I hope that YMMV and good luck. HTH and clear skies.

Thanks lovely picture! Can I ask how many subs etc. Mine has a long way to go to catch up with yours. 

Gerry

1 minute ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

how many subs

Canon 700d, 21x180s. ISO800. HTH.

4 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

has a long way to go to catch up

Could you post a link? 

My camera is not modded and is a Canon 550d but I notice with mine the photos are slightly soft but I was toying with doing the Gary Honis conversion but I think it's cheaper to buy a modded camera. My skies are not too bad but as you know it's low in the sky. I live in Italy so I'm quite blessed to have the skies I have compared to the Uk. Anyway that's it so far but I think it needs another hour of subs then I think I'm trying M16. 

Gerry

Archived