NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A final word

EA2007

Sorry to have to post this but its geting on my nerves.....

Yesterday it seemed that my opinion on a certain person was took a little too harshly and I would like to make it clear to those persons who seemed to have a major problem with it to chill out!

I was expressing an opinion, just one opinion amongst others. No, I have not met the person in question in real life, but a good few friends of mine have and they have the same opinion I do.

Its a free world, as is this forum...don't get upset about it and certainly don't block the posts, this forum should be open to anyone wanting to express an opinion...were not in China are we?

As for a certain member saying he would throw me off, why exactly?, if I disagreed with something you wrote I would accept your opinion even if I did not agree. I think some of you need to realise that. And as for the quirp regarding my website, the website is not a forum, unlike here where things are meant to be debated.

EA2007

You just don't seem to have grabbed the concept of your actions yet.

You expressed a "strong", "damning" opinion about someone you have never even met. (not the smartest move in my book)

I don't know about you but i make up my own mind on how i perceive people, and i reserve my opinion till i have met them or at least interacted with them. (As i am doing with you)

The people that you upset have interacted and met in person with Sir PM.

They probably don't like the fact that a bit of character assassination was taking place in your post.

FYI

This forum is not free and is not open to anyone just wishing to express an opinion especially nasty ones.

IT'S AN ASTRONOMY FORUM!!!!!!!! Just in case you missed that concept too...

I would suggest that you not keep up your misconception that you can post what ever venomous comments you like on SGL without repercussion...

I would also suggest that you not post any reply in this thread, or any other thread about Sir PM as you now know the response you are going to receive from our members.

hi having just read your post re sir pm I'm not at all supprise by the comments your getting back on this forum i also have met the man on two separate occasions now and on both times I have found him polite courteous enthusiastic and most importantly of all totally unassuming and very humble that's gleaned from one to one contact not hear say and i would just like to ask one thing of you sir Pm's contributions to astronomy are legendary NASA actually used his knowledge and hand drawn maps of the moon to plot their Apollo programme so can i with the greatest respect ask to date what has been your contribution to the science of Astronomy and as one last thought I was in the Royal Air Force for a few years and we had this unwritten rule as a guidance for getting on with others and it reads Engage Brain before opening mouth I strongly advise that you take it to heart and act upon it in future regards Pete

Hi EA2007

i Guess that previous post ruffled some feathers.

As it has been mentioned Sir Patrick is a genuinely nice person,

A number of members here have been subject to his hospitality and have a enduring respect for the man. Its not just his manner but also the contribution he has given to our hobby over the decades.

The opinion you expressed is perfectly valid but i am sure if you ever were to meet Patrick

the a possibility you my change your mind.

Ed

what the hell have i missed now? how do these things keep happening?

i missed whatever has happened here and the now infamous asteroid through window thread which i still don't know what it was about :mrgreen:

anyone care to enlighten me of one or both threads? :clouds2:

I think it best to let this affair die off. As much as curiosity is a perfectly natural trait, It would serve no useful purpose to go over what has been said in this thread, for the sake of dignity on everyones part.

Ron.

Archived