Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally First Light with my 12" Dob

They were heavy enough for use with 2 finders and either a 13mm ethos or a ES 20mm both heavy eps and was able to stay balanced when viewing Saturn.

What setup are you using again or is your finder a heavy one then mine?

I was initially told it may take up to 6 to balance but I thought I would try 4 which seems to do the trick.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the 250P FlexTube, non-GoTo. I've a SkyWatcher 9x50 RACI and Telrad on a riser and BST StarGuider EPs.  It's not _terrible_ with the 4 magnets but I was surprised when I picked up the package as to how light it was. I wonder if the 12" is balanced differently.

38 minutes ago, elliot said:

I'm using the 250P FlexTube, non-GoTo. I've a SkyWatcher 9x50 RACI and Telrad on a riser and BST StarGuider EPs.  It's not _terrible_ with the 4 magnets but I was surprised when I picked up the package as to how light it was. I wonder if the 12" is balanced differently.

It could be and with the addition of the heavier 12" mirror i bet that makes a difference, I'm sorry they didn't work out for you and your right the supplier should show the weight of the magnets.

Archived