Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Endless IT issues

kirkster501

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one here to endorse a Star tech Powered USB hub. Cured most of my ailments.

Now I run a Stick computer mounted to my actual telescope, and it WiFi connects to my indoor computer via my wireless router.

It get wonky now and then, but can be straightened out with a few fiddling's and the pull of a cats tail.

My camera is and has been my worst component to keep working. But when it gets daft, usually unplugging and reinserting it's cord fixes it. Restart its program and move along again.

Connections, connections, connections. I don't see much of a way around a good powered hub, myself. Too many parts in play wanting to feed and receive data.

That, and mini and micro computers with only one or two ways for the horde to be fed.

But when all's well... isn't it Grand!

I can go to sleep knowing that when the dawn awakes me I can go gather up my telescope, put the mount to bed under its 32 gallon plastic trash bin, and work on the images all those minor problems were poo-poo'd away from. It keeps the grey matter in my noggin sparkin and hoppin trying to keep ahead of it.

But wood heat is wonderful, especially with a kettle of water to keep the moisture up in the home....

Archived