Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight cannot update

wxsatuser

Slight problem with PI and updating, it cannot resolve the host.

Looked on PI forum but nothing works.

I have tried Windows system command and originally could'nt resolve/ping any name or IP.
I did a network repair and now system can resolve/ping IPs but not names.

I believe it's something to do with my laptop adapter and Windows but cannot seem to fix it

Anyone any ideas?

All other software on the laptop works fine and appears no network problems.

BTW
PI used to update ok, seemed to have stopped around March I think.

Sounds like a DNS issue.  One way to check is by using Explorer to  browse to a website you haven't been to before.  If it works then your DNS is working OK so as already posted above you need to flush your DNS cache.

Is your Windows PC up to date with the latest windows updates etc? There were some old posts on the PI forum regarding a problems accessing the update repository and to do with secure connections and requiring a Windows hot fix. Though these were several years old so I doubt it's your problem, but worth just checking.

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=7521.msg50230#msg50230

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=5333.msg40324#msg40324

I can't really work out if you can reach other internet hosts from this PC or if it's just an issue reaching the PI repositories? If other internet hosts are OK and it's purely a problem reaching the PI update repository, there maybe some mileage in just uninstalling PI completely and then doing a fresh install, though that does assume you can reach the download area in the first place....

Steve

Ok, thanks for the help.

I have now fixed it and some other issues relating to network.

It also caused a similar problem to PS CC 2017 where it would'nt run.
My version of Filezilla stopped working as well.

The problem was with Lavasoft, don't know if this is part of Windows but I did'nt put it on this machine.
Anyway, two files have to be delete or renamed and a network reset has to be done.
After this PI now updates and PS CC 2017 now starts ok.

Anyone else suffer this, heres what to do.

Rename or delete these two files, I renamed them just in case, just add old to front of file name.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll (only for 64-bit Windows)

Run Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and select Run as administrator.
Enter this command to reset the network adapter (end with the Enter key):

netsh winsock reset

Restart the computer.

Archived