Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to report double star measurements?

I'm writing a short presentation for my local astronomical society on measuring double stars.  Whilst I dabble a little in doing measurements, my own interest is primarily in just drawing them.

Where would it be best to tell people to report double star measurement to?

Thanks

I would have thought the WDSC was the place to go and there's three ways to do it. From their FAQs:

The easiest way to get data in the WDS is to have them published in a refereed journal. These will then be added as time permits.

A faster way to get them into the WDS is to also send us a flat ascii file which includes the tabular information from the publication.

The fastest way is to get in touch with us via the comment form and let us provide you with the "ready to fold into the catalog" format.

I'd have thought there was something at the BAA like their Variable section but there doesn't seem to be.

The Deep Sky Section of the BAA handles Double Stars through John McCue . He can be contacted via the DS  Section Director. Bob Argyle's book on Observing and Measuring Visual Double Stars (Springer PM Series 2nd Edn) may well have pointers too. Hope this helps

Archived