Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planetary eyepiece for heritage 130p

johnnyp

8 hours ago, BeerMe said:

AstroBoot sell these "gold-line" eyepieces too sometimes, and for cheaper than £33 delivered.  The 9mm and 15mm are supposed to be the best of the bunch, and I can personally testify that the 15mm is particularly good.  I've used it with a cheap Revelation Barlow (again from Astroboot) to get 180x in my scope on Jupiter, and the results were very pleasing. 

So, +1 for the gold-lines :-)

Good to hear. I've ordered the 6mm from eBay for 14.59 including postage. :) Think I'll order the 15mm based on your observations. Cheers 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BeerMe said:

As an aside OP, I've been testing the 15mm gold-line vs a 15mm GSO plossl, and the wide angle views of the gold-line have been pleasing to this fairly newbie observer..

Excellent. Will be ordering tonight :)

1 hour ago, johnnyp said:

I also ordered a 2x Barlow from eBay. Probably garbage but it was only 9.50 delivered. Yes I'm cheap :)

The real ebay eyepiece gem is the 23mm 62 degree aspheric eyepiece for £7.31 shipped.  They've gotten rave reviews on CN.  They're my favorite widest field 22mm clear aperture binoviewer eyepieces.  I just peel off the rubber eyecups and they have plenty of eye relief for eyeglasses.  They are actually about 58 or 59 degrees AFOV and are pretty sharp at the edge at the large focal ratios most binoviewers get used at.  Just don't try to clean the eye lens.  It's a molded aspheric acrylic lens and the coatings are known to rub off. :shocked:

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

The real ebay eyepiece gem is the 23mm 62 degree aspheric eyepiece for £7.31 shipped.  They've gotten rave reviews on CN.  They're my favorite widest field 22mm clear aperture binoviewer eyepieces.  I just peel off the rubber eyecups and they have plenty of eye relief for eyeglasses.  They are actually about 58 or 59 degrees AFOV and are pretty sharp at the edge at the large focal ratios most binoviewers get used at.  Just don't try to clean the eye lens.  It's a molded aspheric acrylic lens and the coatings are known to rub off. :shocked:

Excellent. Thank you for that. I made an offer of a fiver. Told you I'm cheap :)

8 hours ago, johnnyp said:

Anymore cheapie but goodies?? 

Astroboot's GSO Revelation Astro Plossl EPs. 
Their lightweight, cheap, nice bright image, not as comfortable as the Starguiders, due to the shorter eye-relief and field of view, but cracking eyepieces, on a par with the best?

Archived