NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M106, 6hrs + with dslr.

MARS1960

4 minutes ago, gonzostar said:

Now  i thinking of moding my 450d DSLR. 6 hours of sub frames is some going. How long was your longest sub, and what processing software dis you use?

The longest subs were 6 x 15mins. I used pixinsight for processing but stacked in DSS, i also used 30 flat frames and 20 bias frames, also i just ran SCNR on it as it looked a tad green.

A bit too blue, as Paddy says, but a good M106. Why use different length subs? I'm going to argue that only one of those sub lengths could have been optimal and then I'm going to bet that it was the longest. What was saturated in your longest subs?

Olly

12 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

A bit too blue, as Paddy says, but a good M106. Why use different length subs? I'm going to argue that only one of those sub lengths could have been optimal and then I'm going to bet that it was the longest. What was saturated in your longest subs?

Olly

I agree, a bit too blue, a reprocess is on the cards, with a couple more instances i have learn't from inside PI.

The reason for the varying sub length was to achieve the longest integration time, i started 30mins before it was as "dark" and finished 30mins after "dark" but i wanted to keep at ISO 800 as this seems to be my optimum ISO. If that makes sense, not sure it does but thats what i did :happy11:.

Archived