Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

astromaster 114 eq celestrone collimation

hi

using a LASER ( astromania ) collimator, i removed the lens inside the focusser tube and inserted the collimator and  alingned secondary mirror 98% accuracy but while collimating the primary mirror the red light in the collimator do change its position fromone place till the center where it should dissappear. but here it spread in the center hole. am i doing it the right way ?

regards

shyam menon

unfortunately cheap laser collimators have their problems. They often need collimating themselves (plenty of you tube videos on this) and light is a bit thick and spreads out over the return distance, so not very precise.

i now use a cheshire

42 minutes ago, rockystar said:

unfortunately cheap laser collimators have their problems. They often need collimating themselves (plenty of you tube videos on this) and light is a bit thick and spreads out over the return distance, so not very precise.

i now use a cheshire

how do we collimate the laser collimator i mean calibrate it...?

33 minutes ago, shyam said:

how do we collimate the laser

Hi. It may be OK. Arrange that the laser is sitting in the focus tube under gravity; no screws. Collimate as usual. Now rotate the laser in the focuser. Does the return beam move away from the central hole and become visible on the 45º surface? If not, it's fine. HTH.

yep, check it first, rotate in the tube (from your original post though, I interpreted that it was moving from the centre spot, so was out)

you need to spin it (against a wall) and see if it draws a circle.

32 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi. It may be OK. Arrange that the laser is sitting in the focus tube under gravity; no screws. Collimate as usual. Now rotate the laser in the focuser. Does the return beam move away from the central hole and become visible on the 45º surface? If not, it's fine. HTH.

when rotated on the focusser tube the light travels from center

18 minutes ago, rockystar said:

yep, check it first, rotate in the tube (from your original post though, I interpreted that it was moving from the centre spot, so was out)

you need to spin it (against a wall) and see if it draws a circle.

Thanks for the video, good one.. will try today

Archived