Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

whats my focus like?

Hi there,

The focus is slightly off but the overall image is over exposed. If you are using SharpCap or FireCap - try to turn your 'exposure' slider down a bit until it looks okay.

You're definitely getting there!

Autofocus on any sort of photographic equipment can be handy in some cases and not handy in others... Its all down to personal preference of the image.

MY EYES! MY EYES!

Dude, you need to offer up tiff or jpg files for web viewing.

Most folks, like me, won't bother to open a separate program to open your fit files.

:wink: Ta-Ta, see you next time.

13 minutes ago, SonnyE said:

MY EYES! MY EYES!

Dude, you need to offer up tiff or jpg files for web viewing.

Most folks, like me, won't bother to open a separate program to open your fit files.

:wink: Ta-Ta, see you next time.

I have to disagree as most astrophotographers, myself included will use FIT files and open them in a program called FITsLiberator. Its an excellent software package, created by NASA in partnership with the ESA.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, EWHB said:

I have to disagree as most astrophotographers, myself included will use FIT files and open them in a program called FITsLiberator. Its an excellent software package, created by NASA in partnership with the ESA.

Thanks.

That's exactly what the above poster is saying, you need to download the file and open it in a separate program (like the FITS Liberator that you mention). It is a bit too much for many to just answer the question "how is my focus", when even a jpg that opens in the browser would do.

29 minutes ago, EWHB said:

Thanks.

You can disagree all you would like to. But the point remains. When bringing an image to a web forum, it needs to be readily accessible to the masses, not just those willing to grab a copy, download it, open in a preferred program, just to post back an opinion.

But by all means, don't advise the poor chap trying to learn. He needs to know that many cannot see his images to advise him. And the corrective actions to use his images over the web.

His fit file downloaded and brought here:

BODES M81_600sec_1x1_r_frame1.fit

Oh, it doesn't post....

His fit file, downloaded, converted to a jpg for the web... viewable. And to now answer the question, honestly, the focus still needs a little work. But he's getting there.

Focus.thumb.jpg.6910cd930409dbce3004aa0aba29e5ba.jpg

Archived