Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m84

700d

Hi everyone. Another attempt with the CLS. I took the blue down so a daylight snap with the filter in place appeared more natural but now the blue stars appear cyan -I think-. Looking at other photos of the same region, there is such a difference in colour in the different images, it's difficult to know the actual colour. Maybe there is no such reference? There seems to be little colour here anyway. Any thoughts on this? TIA and clear skies.

m84-2.thumb.jpg.69712a153ed376b700dfffdafe974717.jpg

Yes few star colors, it seems most LP filters rip off some color (I tested UHC with a similar "cyan stars" effect).

But the main subject i.e. galaxies have very structured detail, so very nice. What scope & exposure did you use ?

9 minutes ago, rotatux said:

cyan stars

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm thinking it maybe better leaving the camera on sunlight white balance and adjusting the colour post processing. On my red-heavy modified camera, the balance is pretty close out of the box. It's just the blue which is bugging me.

11 minutes ago, rotatux said:

scope & exposure

It was about 45 minutes with an explore scientific f3.9 reflector.

12 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm thinking it maybe better leaving the camera on sunlight white balance and adjusting the colour post processing.

If you are using RAW the colour balance setting on the camera shouldn't make any difference. The RAW file will however contain the cb setting in its header and will be used by ordinary RAW photo developers to set the output colour balance for a picture, but the RAW file itself will be the same. I don't think astro stackers/processors will use it.

Ian

2 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

the colour balance setting on the camera shouldn't make any difference

Ahhgghh, don't say that. Hours of fiddling! It explains why I still can't get the blue right though; thanks.

Archived