Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stars behind Jupiter?

I guess you mean close to but not behind (as you can't see through Jupiter) so yes you can but the exposures would need to be quite long to capture the stars so Jupiter would be very over exposed. It is similar to wanting to capture the moons as you need longer exposures to capture Jupiters moons than you do to capture Jupiter. Hope that helps.

35 minutes ago, Freddie said:

I guess you mean close to but not behind (as you can't see through Jupiter) so yes you can but the exposures would need to be quite long to capture the stars so Jupiter would be very over exposed. It is similar to wanting to capture the moons as you need longer exposures to capture Jupiters moons than you do to capture Jupiter. Hope that helps.

How long would the exposures need to be? Anything over half a second is not good because I don't have a tracking mount. But if it is possible than I could probobly combine it with a stacked image of Jupiter to add a little extra in my photos. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Or you can simply wait, or take an image every 20 minutes or so, for Jupiter to move past it's current position in it's orbit around our star - The Sun.

Most things are possible! :thumbsup:

Happy Huntings -

Dave

Haha, not quite the answer I expected. But any answer is accepted!

Archived