Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apt telescope control

Atreta

Hi all, 

I need a help setting up telescope control in apt. I use an asi120mc with the st4 cable to guide inside phd and a rs232 to usb cable so i can use stellarium to slew to where i want.  

How do i set it up in apt?  I mainly want it so i can use the darv alignment tool. 

Thank you. 

Hi. The easiest way is to lose st4 [1], the handset and the usb cable. Connect the mount directly to your computer using one of these. Install the ascom layer on top of which you can then control the show via eqmod.

APT Tools - Settings - Planetarium - stellarium

APT Gear - Connect scope

APT Tools - DARV

HTH. 

[1] if you do stay with st4 remember to calibrate PHD2 at at each target

23 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi. The easiest way is to lose st4 [1], the handset and the usb cable. Connect the mount directly to your computer using one of these. Install the ascom layer on top of which you can then control the show via eqmod.

APT Tools - Settings - Planetarium - stellarium

APT Gear - Connect scope

APT Tools - DARV

HTH. 

[1] if you do stay with st4 remember to calibrate PHD2 at at each target

Got it all working tonight,  though i used pc direct mode.  Only problem was the cloudy skies that kept me from testing it properly. 

Thanks a lot. 

Archived