Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY168C very first light

Tomasz

Hi!

Finally I have my brand new QHY168C ColdMOS camera :-) I ordered a beta prototype but I think that this is a retail version. You can see how its look:

new, nice looking box

Tl5Z1Xd.jpg

7fACcbv.jpg

cables and other stuff:

4jj1kah.jpg

And the camera ;-)

KsG2nzW.jpg

Compared with QHY163C

FKu6M6r.jpg

Because of the moon I took only one DSO picture with Baader Ha 7nm filter and Tair 300mm lens:

L44gsf7.jpg

25x300s Gain 4 Offset 70

The camera is very sensitive and there is no visible ampglow even at 600s dark frame!

Here is also moon picture taken with 200/1200 Newtonian scope and 2x Vixen Deluxe barlow.

dX2sYbk.jpg

1ykSjBU.jpg

Tomek

9 hours ago, wimvb said:

Looks great. But are there scratches on the front ring??

Anyway, have fun with it.

Scratches are from screwed cover. Anyway it is a far better than loose plastic cover from QHY163C ;-)

8 hours ago, Adam J said:

Looking good with the H-a you should try OIII also as it works very well with a cooled cmos sensor even a color one keep blue and green. Ill be interested in the QHY247 when it comes out.

Thanks Adam :-)

Good idea, I haven't got OIII filter yet but I have to buy it!

Tomek

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful pictures, truly!

I'm thinking of buying this camera and I was hoping someone could help with regards to where in the spectrum the IR glass in front of the sensor cuts off.

Basically, is it above Ha (656nm); which judging from another awesome Ha picture you posted with this camera and the fact that it's an astronomical camera, it is. 

I have searched the internet high and low for this value and cannot find any info and would very much like to confirm this.

Many thanks and clear skies to you all ?

P.S. does it also cut UV?

EDIT: my apologies, I confused the model number of the camera, I'm referring to the QHY163C..:iamwithstupid:

EDIT2: FWIW, I found out from QHY that the IR cutoff for the QHY163C is 680nm and you can order it with an AR glass aswell...

On 17/04/2017 at 12:17, Tomasz said:

Hi!

Finally I have my brand new QHY168C ColdMOS camera :-) I ordered a beta prototype but I think that this is a retail version. You can see how its look:

new, nice looking box

Tl5Z1Xd.jpg

7fACcbv.jpg

cables and other stuff:

4jj1kah.jpg

And the camera ;-)

KsG2nzW.jpg

Compared with QHY163C

FKu6M6r.jpg

Because of the moon I took only one DSO picture with Baader Ha 7nm filter and Tair 300mm lens:

L44gsf7.jpg

25x300s Gain 4 Offset 70

The camera is very sensitive and there is no visible ampglow even at 600s dark frame!

Here is also moon picture taken with 200/1200 Newtonian scope and 2x Vixen Deluxe barlow.

dX2sYbk.jpg

1ykSjBU.jpg

Tomek

I would love an update on this camera, have you captured any more images with it yet?

Archived