Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt 50 Ha - which eyepieces do you use?

DRT

On 03/09/2017 at 17:15, Moonshane said:

An option Niall would be to take the glass out of any colour filter if you have one or can get a cheap one and then add this to the end of the eyepiece?

Nice solution! - thanks Shane :thumbsup:

Yes I have a few coloured filters which haven't been used for many years so could be sacrificed ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concerning Baader zoom Mark IV not being able to get into focus mentioned in the early pages of this thread:

Replace the intermal B ring with the included supplied  A ring.

Baader manual also mentioning to change the ring, after which definitely one will reach focus .

Rgds,

Hans 

I have started the process of swapping my collection of Ethos EPs for a collection of Delos. I owned a set of Delos at the time I bought my Lunt 50 and recall that they all reached focus without difficulty. As I will be using my new set with the Lunt I decided to treat them to a Baader 1.25" ClickLock Eyepiece Clamp that has a built-in helical microfocuser :smile:

The Baader holder is a few mm shorter than the stock holder when fully racked in and about 1mm taller when racked out so might give some useful additional travel in both directions. The description on the website linked to above says the travel is 6.5mm.

image2.JPG.076dc8e1500b16c58be0541a9935ec9c.JPG

image1.JPG.56afce62066815914f0e32fdb787e0e7.JPG

And it looks quite swish too...

image3.JPG.200d13429cc277fb942999908c055795.JPG

:grin: 

Archived