NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do I create a false flat in PixInsightLE

Craig,

If you are using the dynamic background extraction DBE tool then you are on the right track. If I remember rightly there is quite a good tutorial as part of the PixInsight online help. Once the false flat is rendered you then use the "Math" function to subtract it from the original image. It sounds as though your there already.

cheers

RB

Well ....having never done "real" flats I can't personally make a comparison, but it has certainly allowed my processing to come on. I've found you end up with a good even field that allows most importantly from my perspective the background to remain in concert with the subject.

Does that make any sense :) ?

RB

I've tried with all options, Billy. I think divide seems to work the best.

As an aside, I always seem to end up with a purple/blue cast to images afterwards - does anyone else have this problem? I wondered if its due to orange light pollution (the inverse of orange being purple/blue) - example attached below.

Trev

post-13757-13387734562_thumb.jpg

post-13757-133877345626_thumb.jpg

post-13757-133877345631_thumb.jpg

post-13757-133877345636_thumb.jpg

Thanks Trev,

I have been usign Divide so far and it seems ok.

Anyone using the latest full version rather than LE.

I am thinking of purchasing it as some of the example processed images look pretty amazing...

I will get the 30 day trial first once I have some more data to try with it.

Billy...

Archived