NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The NO autoguider Eq SHOWCASE

Hello all

Without hijacking a a similar post I thought it would be nice for those of us out there to show their pictures with NO AUTOGUIDER . I have nothing against them just can't afford one right now and also I'm still trying to get my best shots possibile using only a Skywatcher 150pds and unmodded Canon 550d on a eq6. Here is one I did the other evening. 

Please post as many pictures as you like as I want to see and hopefully inspire those who do not have autoguiders. 

I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Here is one of the Rosette I did when I first set up  

IMG_4229.thumb.JPG.cefbf23c6edb2f5021768c17947a0d3a.JPG

Gerry

Ok maybe there needs to be some rules. 

1. Eq mounts only without autoguider 

2. Dslr camera no CCD (they usually have autoguiders anyway)

3. Enjoy it. 

That would be a great challenge, if it were not for one tiny detail: the mount used. Non autoguiders range from poor students/kids using an alt az or eq3 mount, to semi-professionals having mounts that don't need guiding. The challenge would be unfair.

But who am I to stop people from taking this challenge?

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

That would be a great challenge, if it were not for one tiny detail: the mount used. Non autoguiders range from poor students/kids using an alt az or eq3 mount, to semi-professionals having mounts that don't need guiding. The challenge would be unfair.

When I say a challenge maybe that's the wrong word. Let's call it EQ mount no autoguider showcase  

Ok i made a couple of rules. 

:)

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

I don't see it like that. Autoguiding is not the same as tracking or not tracking. Autoguiding is it not the next level up for tracking accuracy. (excluding really high end stuff costing really high money).

Archived