Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

calibrating AZ-EQ5 polarscope

Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to calibrate AZ-eq5 polarscope  ( external fit type )  I understand first part   using ALT AZ knobs to centre object and then rotating polarscope and repeadtdly centering ny 50% until centered but it'the next phase i don't understand. Instructions says use ALT AZ to centre object in vertical line...ok  Release RA axis and rotate 180o and use screws to centre by 50%...ok now it says rotate RA axis back 180o and recentre object.   BUT do i do this with AL AZ bolts or with screws before rotating back 180o and recentering by 50% until centered.

If anyone can explain in real laymans terms i would be really grateful

Thanks,

Rob

Hi,  Thanks for reply. Mine is foe the AZ-EQ5 GT mount and is a differnt type to this. You would think that calibration is same  but they are not. I am hoping someone can give me a real laymans guide to this job. 

Thanks,

Rob

• 1 year later...
On 30/03/2017 at 20:28, nutrocker said:

Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to calibrate AZ-eq5 polarscope  ( external fit type )  I understand first part   using ALT AZ knobs to centre object and then rotating polarscope and repeadtdly centering ny 50% until centered but it'the next phase i don't understand. Instructions says use ALT AZ to centre object in vertical line...ok  Release RA axis and rotate 180o and use screws to centre by 50%...ok now it says rotate RA axis back 180o and recentre object.   BUT do i do this with AL AZ bolts or with screws before rotating back 180o and recentering by 50% until centered.

If anyone can explain in real laymans terms i would be really grateful

Thanks,

Rob

+Hi, your question has obviously not been answered as Polar Scopes differ , and you are just asking this not how to Polar Align which is a totally different Topic to your query !! I am waiting delivery of my az-eq5 gt and will be getting help to calibrate it hopefully, if I do I will pass it on to you.

eric

• 2 weeks later...

Archived