Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD Recomendations

ElijahB

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a CCD imager, at the moment I'm not looking to take hours worth of exposures, but that will be the long term goal as my equipment expands.

As things stand, I have a Celestron CPC 800, Laptop running Vista and am looking to buy a wedge in the very near future (recomendations on those gladly accepted too). I'm primarily interested in taking DSO rather than planetary, but will dable with the latter from time to time.

Budget wise I have between £200 - £300 max. If anyone wants any further info to help with advice then just let me know.

Thanks for all your help. ElijahB

P.S. Hope this is going in to the right forum

With your available budget, then a good second hand astro camera, Starlight Express or Atik etc, would be your best option IMO.

You need to decide whether you want to go with a mono camera, or mono + RGB (at added cost of course), or a One Shot Colour camera.

Of course, for that money, you could 'pick up' a very good s/h EOS350D, and have enough change to get it modified for improved astro imaging.

There's a lot of very good images taken with DSLRs, 'posted' on the forum.

Dave

Archived