Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Jupiter of 2017

Stub Mandrel

I was blessed with excellent seeing but not quite perfect transparency for this one.

Really struggling to eliminate edge artefacts in WinJupos, so this is just one 2-minute run at 30fps. (if someone could explain how to use the ED control properly it would help me!)

150PL, microsoft lifecam, x2 barlow, PIPP, then best 50% 2x resample in Autostakkert, RGB align and wavelets in Registax, touch of contrast in Astra.

Jupiter.thumb.png.22f9d608a0a1ec58a7a7ea61979a6f5a.png

<EDIT> I have fitted the camera in an aluminium tube with a tiny fan to draw a constant flow of air over the sensor. Despite only being passive cooling the reduction in noise has been astonishing.

Thos 150PLs really do pack offer some bang for buck don't they?! Very little noise in those images so your fan mod is working wonders :)  Sorry can't help with windups, I've installed it but I'm afraid to open and use it!

37 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very little noise in those images so your fan mod is working wonders

Stacking 1800 subs helps too (10%) - the AVI files are enormous!

The Winjupos derotated one is 10,800 frames!

If the seeing comes good I should be able to do even better, this is one from last year, a bit over-processed but lots more fine detail. If I can get a good night with less noise and enough runs for Winjupos I'll be happy!

Archived