Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anybody actually bother with tweaking the output settings for RGB/K, Luminance & Saturation on the outut file from DSS?

It seems that tweaks to these can make a massive difference to the look of the file but there is precious little in the way of documentation on the net as to what to aim for with these. As an example, I've aligned the channels in the image here, but am I on the right part of the curve?

dss output.jpg

Hi edarter

I set RGB/K  to superimpose RG and B, and sit it where you have it.

I save that to file.

I then adjust Saturation to give a pleasing compromise between chroma noise and saturation, and save that to file too.

I then layer-mask the two images, stars from the first save, galaxy from the second save - with other tweaks in Curves,  Saturation, and noise reduction of course !

I gave up on the Luminance tweaks as it was too hard for me to revert back a number of steps if the result didn't work.

Michael

Archived