NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My latest M42 attempt

As Orion is not that high in the sky anymore and it goes quickly behind the trees that block my sw view I only managed to do 23 min stacked exposure made out of 2 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min frames at 400 ISO. I did this to try and get the trapezium in the photo. It works but I will definitely need more data and a lot more processing experience. I used dss for stacking and PS and Lightroom for processing.LRM_EXPORT_20170307_221635.thumb.jpg.73211a189f36f51924228367c5cd8931.jpg

Emil

Thank you for the lovely comments. Every time I was going for M42 I wasn't taking any shors exposures and the core was completely blown out but after reading how other people managed to expose the trapezium I thought I would give it a try and see what comes out of it. I'm pretty pleased with the result. Too bad the "cloud nebula" is in the way of the stars and preventing me to capture more data.

Archived