Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just seen the picture I'd want to take.......

JOC

Well I couldn't take them together, but what do you think of these that I took with just the 1100D on its T-ring on the front of the camera with a x2 Barlow in place.  I've nipped into Pixlr and adjusted the colour levels on the Jupiter ones, but the moon ones are just as they fell out of the camera.  I was using the Apperture priority mode as someone on SGL advised and I took lots and just adjusted the exposure each time until it looked right.  I haven't put these into imaging as there is no multiple exposures and no stacking etc.  These are just single exposures with some very simple levels tweaking.  Considering that I am more than pleased with the outcomes.

Jupiter1edit.jpg

jupiter4edit.jpg

Moon3sm.jpg

Moon1sm.jpg

Moon2sma.jpg

JOC,

yes, it was Spica. To find Spica reliably, just follow the old stargazer's adage: " Arc to Arcturus, then speed to Spica". That means, you start from Ursa Major's tail (the Big Dipper's handle), and follow the curved line it is forming in an arc away from Ursa Major - so you will arrive at Arcturus. Extend the curved line further downward, and you'll land at Spica. Quite easy, if you've done it once; give it a try!

Clear Skies

Stephan

Archived