NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Replacement Saddle for Vixen Porta Mount

scarp15

8 hours ago, robbymain said:

That's interesting to read as I've just taken delivery of a Porta 2 and the Dovetail Clamp Knob and Safety Screw are very sloppy fits - almost as if the threaded holes are a size bigger than the shafts... Definitely expected higher quality engineering for a mount that cost nearly £300!

It has been a very worth while upgrade and currently use it with some regularity to secure to the mount a TV-85.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scarp15 said:

It has been a very worth while upgrade and currently use it with some regularity to secure to the mount a TV-85.

Sounds like a very sensible investment considering such a beautifully engineered and valuable instrument!

I'm hanging a Heritage 130P on mine and I was still concerned lol

• 1 year later...
On 14/03/2017 at 17:36, scarp15 said:

My ADM clamp arrived today, unfortunately the supplied bolts are the smaller M8 type. The fixing holes compatible with the clamp are the larger type on a horizontal plane on the mount head. Would anyone be able to confirm this bolts spec please and if possible where I could obtain from?

P1070227.JPG

Hi Iain

Thanks to your most informative thread I will be ordering one of these to upgrade my own Porta II for use with a used Megrez 72 that i picked up just prior to Christmas.

I'm looking forward to using my new travel setup home and abroad soon 😃

Best of the festive season to you,

Robin

• Thanks 1