NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

130pds First light

Your first light exposures look very  good to me Kyle.
Great little Imaging instrument is the 130pds. Not from my own experience,
but from the work done by a colleague Uranium365. He tuned out some cracking Images with his pds.
I've seem the images of others too, so you have a great experience ahead of you.
Hope you get plenty of good sky to harvest them photons :icon_biggrin:.
Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, REG78 said:

Hi all was just wondering about th pds versions are they still suitable for visual use aswel as AP was thinking of getting th 200pds 

Yes, the scope is  useful photo/visual telescope. It's fast optics make it Ideal  for AP, with 77% more light grasp than the 130.
I think the eyepiece supplied is a 28mm , which offers x35 magnification. The telescope has a potential Mag. of x400.
Seeing conditions would determine the practicality of that though. A 5mm Eyepiece plus a x2 Barlow  in the train. 
A bit demanding, but feasable on an extremely good night.

4 hours ago, Astrosurf said:

Nice image! Just the faintest hint of trailing. I assume you were guiding?

Alexxx

Yes It was a bit of a rush job, you should of seen the amount of cables and bits hanging all over the place, My camera power cable is not long enough so it was dragging the psu with it.

Archived