NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

compatability

starry spud

Hi guys.

I am new to astro photography and have lots of questions on the subject but the first one is this. when I bought my used meade lx90 8" the gentleman who sold it to me very generously threw in a celestron f6.3 focal corrector, can anyone advise me are there any compatability issues when using a celestron corrector with a meade scope.

Meade owners have often opted for the Celestron f6.3 reducer/corrector. Like the previous owner of your scope. I've heard that they are optically the same. Don't worry and enjoy the telescope!

The ACF Meade SCTs were introduced a few years ago ( will find out when exactly ) for astrophotography, the old models had a curved field and needed the 6.3 flattener / reducer to avoid misshapen stars at the edges of an image.

If you use the 6.3 f/r on the ACF models it can turn the flat field curved so defeating the object.

I have however used the old 6.3 f/r on my flat field SCT with Atik314 CCD so I think it may depend on how big your imaging sensor is.

Dave

You may need to use an extender if using the 0.63 FR/CC.

The spec of this says you should have 110mm between the exit of the FR/C and the camera sensor.

I've still to get an extender to use with mine.

Archived