Brand new mount fro Skywatcher!

Skipper Billy

15 hours ago, jambouk said:

Is this any "better" than the AZEQ6? 

Seems a shame it has the same mechanism for adjusting the altitude as the NEQ6 and that the leads still plug into the moving part of the mount. 

Just bought an AZEQ6 and saw the title to this post and thought I'd suddenly be dealt a dose of buyers remorse.

Then saw the photos of this mount and think the AZEQ6 looks far the better option. Love the controls on it and it's all very robust.

I've yet to be told it's any better. The AZEQ6 is 2kg lighter, has a thicker counterweight shaft, a better means to adjust the altitude, and can also be used in alt-az mode. I wouldn't worry, you've made a very sound decision.

James

3 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

Just bought an AZEQ6 and saw the title to this post and thought I'd suddenly be dealt a dose of buyers remorse.

Then saw the photos of this mount and think the AZEQ6 looks far the better option. Love the controls on it and it's all very robust.

I wouldn't worry, my impression is that the AZEQ6 is the better mount. Its jack screw altitude control is an excellent solution to the bendy bolts problem of the eq6 and it has RA and DEC encoders as swell as a better counterweight shaft. It will be interesting to hear direct comparisons between the AZEQ6 and the EQ6R since there so similar.

Dan :happy7:

Archived