Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Filter Wheel

Hi' I am looking for some advice.I have got a 5 hole filter wheel in which i never used yet, i have got a CLS and a OIII filter plus coloured filters'.What i am looking for which filters' are best to put inside the filter wheel for captures of the night sky Thanks.Mark

It depends on if you want to image or go visual.

In a five position filterwheel for imaging, I would go for Luminance, Red, Green Blue and Ha (or your OIII )when having fairly clear skies
If your imaging site is light poluted, you may want to go for Halpha, OIII, SII and Clear for focussing. 1 position left for Hbeta or N2 or even blind for making darks, but that can be done in another way during daytime.

It all depends on what you want to do...  There is no law to tell you what to use.

For visual there are other options. Take a look at: http://www.astronomik.com/en/visual-filters/visual-filters.html you will find CCD filters there too

Archived