NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pelican redone in SHO

andyo

Hi I did this during December as a L-HOS image but I was not happy with both the end result or my processing of it so have been meaning to redo it. I followed a link for a SHO palette combination given to me by another stargazers member today and so decided to give it another go.

Anyone wishing to compare it to the earlier L-HOS version can find that version here

Subs 13x600 secs  in Ha O111 and S11

Thanks for looking

pelican SHO December 2016.jpg

10 hours ago, gorann said:

Very nice!

A blue Pelican! Amazing how different it looks compared to your previous one and particularly to RGB versions of the pelican.

3 hours ago, wimvb said:

Great image, with lots of detail especially in the birds "neck". I prefer this colour palette.

Thanks for the comments much appreciated

18 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice update Andy - personally I would remove little more green but palette is totally subjective in HST.  FOr me green is 'rarely' seen but leaving enough so that it is there but not necessarily an obvious hue adds range to the colours.

Paddy

Thanks Paddy. Funny you should mention this as it was something I really couldn't decide on. I was playing about with scnr and adjusting the amount to remove from 100% down to 25% I eventualy went for 35%. so you would probably have gone for the higher end around 75% upwards then

51 minutes ago, andyo said:

Thanks Paddy. Funny you should mention this as it was something I really couldn't decide on. I was playing about with scnr and adjusting the amount to remove from 100% down to 25% I eventualy went for 35%. so you would probably have gone for the higher end around 75% upwards then

60-80% is around about my normal, but I vary to taste on different images.

Archived