Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Threaded Connection for MPCC

richyrich_one

Hi

Came across this while searching for a way of connecting the MPCC to the focuser without possiblity of tilt from using screws or compression rings. Due to the stupid undercut in the barrel it's extremely difficult to get a consistantly square mouting.

This looks to be the solution, if you are using a Skywatcher draw tube anyway.

https://teleskop-austria.at/index.php?produkt=FUFmpcc

At 15 euros (26 delivered) it's worth a punt I thought.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this up.  My moonlite focuser and MPCC are causing me trouble.

The undercut on the MPCC means that the brass compression ring on the focuser is only partially engaging the MPCC.  This is not stable and actually did just popped off on me.  I've tried engaging the bit that is recessed - and this works well - except that it's hard to avoid tilt with the camera, as you are butting up against a fine lip.

Any simple solutions?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

anyone?

I think that there are a few different variations of the moon light focus tube available with different attachment. 

However this is a common problem with compression fittings at the MPCC Mk3 as Baader essentially designed it to work with their click lock system. Even the FLO compression ring upgrade for SW focusers will not grab the MPCC Mk3 evenly. 

There are hacks for the original focuser, but I think that you may be out of luck with the Moonlight which is crazy as what we are saying is that moonlight Newtonian focusers are not compatible with the most popular coma corrector on the marked...or the other way around take your pick. 

You might want to try the skywatcher or GSO coma correctors. 

45 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I think that there are a few different variations of the moon light focus tube available with different attachment. 

However this is a common problem with compression fittings at the MPCC Mk3 as Baader essentially designed it to work with their click lock system. Even the FLO compression ring upgrade for SW focusers will not grab the MPCC Mk3 evenly. 

There are hacks for the original focuser, but I think that you may be out of luck with the Moonlight which is crazy as what we are saying is that moonlight Newtonian focusers are not compatible with the most popular coma corrector on the marked...or the other way around take your pick. 

You might want to try the skywatcher or GSO coma correctors. 

I wonder is it just a matter of adding a spacer onto the MPCC to get me onto the indented bit evenly?  I can grip the indented bit ok, but it's hard to get the camera level.

46 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I wonder is it just a matter of adding a spacer onto the MPCC to get me onto the indented bit evenly?  I can grip the indented bit ok, but it's hard to get the camera level.

there is a possibility that might work yes. I would look at fabricating a Aluminium spacer to attach to the front of the moonlight tube. 

Archived