Blast around the sky with the 200mm Super Takumar

Noticed Venus close to the Crescent Moon yesterday evening so took a few hand held shots. One thing lead to another and before long I had my Canon 40D and 200mm Super Takumar lens strapped to my HEQ5. These are single 40-60sec exposures straight out the camera. The lens was stopped down to f/8 so I could reach infinity focus with my particular M42 to EOS adaptor, but to be honest f/8 was fine, any faster and the pics were coming out pretty pink due to LP.

Shots include the Moon and Venus, M42, M45, and Betelgeuse just because I love pondering whether it has already exploded or not? (On the brink red super giant star 640Ly away).

I don't usually get a big enough window of opportunity to image these days but have to say the setup for this was pretty quick, just a quick rough PA, flicked the on switch on the mount, pointed at the object, focused the lens right to infinity at f/8, and I was away!

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

8 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I see the flame, perhaps you can see the HH on the original.

Dave

I looked for it but no luck Dave. I have 5-6 subs so I might stack and stretch them to see if the HH makes an appearance :)  

Archived