NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A slightly cool night...

Tonynexevo925

An excellent viewing session last night though not too late as first day back in the office today!

It was very cold and I hadn't realised just how cold until I put the lights on a saw the frost on the scope!! See pics ❄️

I had no fogging on the primary and the built in fan seems to do a great job at maintaining ambient temp. The Telrad was dripping wet though so maybe needs a heater. 

I am very impressed with the VX14 and I had decent views on Venus and Mars with the TV3.5mm though the image moves mighty fast through the view - tracking has it's merits that's for sure. 

Great start to 2017 ???

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

39 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Likewise. Brass Monkies in my back garden!

Without the Telrad heater, I would have packed up hours before I did. Only costs a couple of quid.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Do you use the Telrad heater or dew cover? One requires power the other says it prevents dew (and needs no power)?

Regards,

Tony

Nice report, Tony - and very nice scope!  Telrads are notorious dew-magnets, but people on here have given me the confidence to simply remove the glass, give it a wipe with a (clean!) hanky and then put it back.  Low-tech, but effective.

I see you have an empty finder shoe there.  Do you use a conventional finder as well?  I find the Telrad / RACI combination to be an awesome combination.

Paul

4 hours ago, Tonynexevo925 said:

Hi Paul,

Do you use the Telrad heater or dew cover? One requires power the other says it prevents dew (and needs no power)?

Regards,

Tony

I use an home brew Dew Heater using a spare port on a controller that powered a secondary heater on another scope.

IMG_8665.JPG

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

I use an home brew Dew Heater using a spare port on a controller that powered a secondary heater on another scope.

IMG_8665.JPG

Paul

I like that a Paul ??

I may try the wipe it clean method first and see how that goes (as the glass isn't an EP I imagine it'll be fine to dry with a clean microfibres cloth. 

If that doesn't work well enough then maybe go down the telrad dew shield and/or heater route. 

Regards,

Tony

2 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Nice report, Tony - and very nice scope!  Telrads are notorious dew-magnets, but people on here have given me the confidence to simply remove the glass, give it a wipe with a (clean!) hanky and then put it back.  Low-tech, but effective.

I see you have an empty finder shoe there.  Do you use a conventional finder as well?  I find the Telrad / RACI combination to be an awesome combination.

Paul

I'm going to try the wipe clean method first Paul ??

I am lining up to use the telrad in combo with the raci. I think that'll be ideal with the nexus push to system. I liked the raci on the Evo 9.25 but only ever use that with the starsense now (a brilliant gadget!). 

Once I have my new moonlite focuser fitted I will set everything properly for a good session and see what it is like with the skyris camera.

Regards,

Tony

Archived