SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bubble Nebula in narrowband Colour

narrowbandpaul

Managed to get out last night to finish the bubble nebula in the hubble Palette.

4x20mins for Ha 4x20mins for S[iI] and 3x20mins O[iII]...clouds moved in

I post two versions, the full frame, processed heavily to reveal the faint HII cloud and a crop with a more gentle processing of the bubble.

We dont have a filter wheel, hence the rotation..

Taken with TAK Sky 90 with an SXV H9 on an AP900GTO. Astrodon 6nm Ha S[iI] and 15nm O[iII]

7590_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7591_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcome

Paul

Very nice Paul. I'm afraid the jury's still out with me with regards to the Hubble Palette colours, yes you do get greater detail shown in the nebulosity, but the 'un-natural' star colours take a bit of getting used to for me personally. Like most things in life though, it's in the eye of the beholder, but it doesn't detract from the quality of your image..

You best get saving for a filter wheel, they save so much hassle while collecting subs as well as when processing. I must get some OIII and SII data to add to my Ha of the bubble from a couple of weeks ago, I guess old mother nature will have some say in that though........

Steve..

Lovely Bubble Paul. The Ha and OIII areas are brought out very nicely.

In attempting to bring out SII you have pushed the red channel hard and this shows with the red background and red stars. I would love to see a comparison image from just the Ha and OIII and a synthetic 3rd colour channel.

The off centre halo around the bright star above the bubble is caused by internal reflections off one of your filters, looks to be OIII. This is a real irritation with interference filters but can be eliminated by adjusting the spacing between filter and chip.

thanks for the advice Martin, I wonder what caused it...

Light reflects off the chip back to the filter and then is reflected from the filter onto the chip. This caused these big off centre halos. Must be the different reflective properties of the OIII filter that caused the problem whereas the other 2 were ok. Maybe a spacer between wheel and camera would help.

Archived