NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way last night

This is a single 3min shot taken at 55mm last night with the 350d. I thought I took it at 18mm but there you go! Next time I will :oops:

Can somebody submit this to astometry.net? I have asked to get signed up but have not heard yet.

7585_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice image Blinky...

I was plagued by clouds lastnight but at least they weren't leaking this time .. although they burst a bit later...

I had a reply about alpha testing and the results of the images i submitted within a few minutes and another email saying someone else would be in-touch... could always send them again yourself I am going to try it with one of my images from lastnight and see what happens...

Billy...

Nice image Blinky...

I was plagued by clouds lastnight but at least they weren't leaking this time .. although they burst a bit later...

I had a reply about alpha testing and the results of the images i submitted within a few minutes and another email saying someone else would be in-touch... could always send them again yourself I am going to try it with one of my images from lastnight and see what happens...

Billy...

Have had the follow up e-mail so not long now hopefully... :hello2:

Hi Craig,

No probs glad I could help.

Have you been trying to sign up for the alpha test program?. The whole process only took me 2 days.

I submitted 3 images by email - a selection of wide and narrow field shots together with one where I had attempted the "astrometry" by hand (I identified and labelled 50 galaxies in an image) got a reply with in minutes.

Sorted out the "legalese" bits yesterday agreed to the T&C's and now have everything I need to submit images and get the results back :hello2:

Billy...

Archived